Guyanesezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guyanesezone

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Right Brain vs Left Brain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee
Dee

Female
Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Right Brain vs Left Brain Empty
PostSubject: Right Brain vs Left Brain   Right Brain vs Left Brain EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 6:54 am

So basically its a photo you are supposed to stare at, and depending on which way you see the girl spinning (clockwise vs counterclockwise) it will be determined what side of your brain you use the most. Make sense? Well anyway check the link you will see what I mean:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html

The photo is not a hoax either, its one of those optical illusion things that depend on your perception.

And I have no idea if the animated photo is actually related in any way to what hemisphere of your brain you use. There doesn't seem to be much explanation accompanying this short article... anyway its fun to look at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Brain vs Left Brain   Right Brain vs Left Brain EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 4:58 pm

wow thats mad cool i never knew that
Back to top Go down
Orion
Administrator
Administrator
Orion

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Right Brain vs Left Brain   Right Brain vs Left Brain EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 7:57 pm

It's Going Clockwise For me Meaning: uses feeling, "big picture" oriented, imagination rules, symbols and images, present and future, philosophy & religion, can "get it" (i.e. meaning), believes, appreciates, spatial perception, knows object function, fantasy based, presents possibilities, impetuous, risk taking...Not Surprised, Men Do Use The Right Side More.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Dee

Female
Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Right Brain vs Left Brain   Right Brain vs Left Brain EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 5:23 am

I see her going both ways.. its sorta switches over randomly.. but I don't understand the article, and I don't know if which way you see the girl turning actually has anything to do with left/right hemisphere dominance. The article doesn't really have much explanation to it... anyway I don't know about the right brain/left brain thing. As far as I am concerned people use both sides of their brain equally.. yes certain parts are lateralized for certain functions but I don't know if there is such thing as true hemisphere dominance. I gotta look into it more.
Back to top Go down
Flame_Angel
Humming Bird
Humming Bird
Flame_Angel

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Right Brain vs Left Brain   Right Brain vs Left Brain EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 12:08 pm

ok I saw counter clock-wise first, then clockwise and I'm trying to see counter-clockwise again but it's not happening lol she just slows down for a second.

Edit- YAY I did it! I did it! lol so I guess it's the same as you, it switches over randomly.

ok enough celebrating, I'm gonna go get something to eat lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right Brain vs Left Brain   Right Brain vs Left Brain Empty

Back to top Go down

Right Brain vs Left Brain
Page 1 of 1