Guyanesezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guyanesezone

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Couple splits amicably

Go down 
+2
Alladin
Administrator
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Webmaster
Webmaster
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-03-02

First Couple splits amicably Empty
PostSubject: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 7:51 pm

President Bharrat Jagdeo and First Lady Varshnie have agreed to a divorce following nine years of marriage.

According to statements issued separately by the Office of the President and the Office of the First Lady, the two have decided to end the marriage because they “have grown apart over the years.”

“It is an amicable parting, and we feel this is the best course for us as we both wish to find happiness and have families of our own in the future,” the Office of the President stated.

The two made it clear that the marriage was a private matter, and so, too, is the divorce.

“We hope that you can understand and respect our decision in what is essentially a private matter. We wish to thank all those who have offered their support at this time. We intend to continue to serve Guyana in our individual ways,” the joint statement noted.

In the statement from the Office of the First Lady, the First Lady said that it has been an honour and privilege for her to serve Guyana in the capacity of First Lady.

“Heartfelt thanks to everyone in Guyana and overseas for the kindness shown to me and for supporting my work, especially my family. I hope you can understand and respect not only this decision, but the desire to keep our personal lives just that, personal. It is an amicable parting, and we feel this is the best choice for us as we both wish to find love and happiness and have families of our own one day,” the First Lady noted in her statement.

“I intend to continue serving Guyana wherever I am, in particular with Kids First Fund, the Citizens' Advice Bureau, and by building the first charitable children's hospital in the country with the Bassoo Foundation,” she added.

According to the statement, the President is supportive of the work of the First Lady.

President Jagdeo grew up in Unity on the East Coast of Demerara, and on July 26, 1998, he married Varshnie Singh, who grew up a few villages away, at Enmore.

Some two years later, he became President, but there have been public suppositions that the relationship between the two had gone cold, since they hardly appeared in the public together.

Last Wednesday, the President promised that in two weeks' time the public would get a definitive word on the status of their relationship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
Alladin
Screecher Parrot
Screecher Parrot
Alladin

Male
Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 9:01 pm

lolz i was just readin abt dis lolz yo every time Jagdeo comes to Ny lolz he's goes clubin at a place call mingels...LMAO lawd i might be creatin more conflict here lolz lemme shhh
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yuhmodaskunt
mizzstarlight
Red-Billed Toucan
Red-Billed Toucan

Female
Number of posts : 2837
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 9:33 pm

^^^ HAHA...i heard abt that one

..........................i heard he does also go rum jungle 2 lmao (no i jus made that up)
Back to top Go down
http://www.whatderass.com
Areefa
Powis
Powis
Areefa

Female
Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 9:42 pm

alot of rumors goin around razz i wonda which is true confused
Back to top Go down
mizzstarlight
Red-Billed Toucan
Red-Billed Toucan

Female
Number of posts : 2837
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 10:31 pm

i heard that hes gay toooooo and has a lover....and varshani found them making out...like chad n vincent on passions
Back to top Go down
http://www.whatderass.com
Alladin
Screecher Parrot
Screecher Parrot
Alladin

Male
Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 pm

:O are u serious lolz ok im a guy.. i was a fan of passion's lolz until they killed out the lil guy timmy.. then the show went down hill...

mizzstarlight wrote:
i heard that hes gay toooooo and has a lover....and varshani found them making out...like chad n vincent on passions
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yuhmodaskunt
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male
Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 1:49 am

I still in Guyana so i ain't saying nothing afro
Back to top Go down
Areefa
Powis
Powis
Areefa

Female
Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 10:13 am

ya Rovin i'm wid u lol!
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female
Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Haven't heard anything. Thank God so no comment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Couple splits amicably   First Couple splits amicably Empty

Back to top Go down

First Couple splits amicably
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guyanesezone :: Site Information :: News and Current events-
Jump to: