Guyanesezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guyanesezone

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Administrator
Administrator
Orion

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-03-03

Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray Empty
PostSubject: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyMon May 07, 2007 11:18 am

Evanescence guitarist John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray have left the top-selling rock act for undisclosed reasons. LeCompt claims on his MySpace.com blog that he was fired during a cell phone conversation with frontman Amy Lee, while Gray says he was asked by band management not to discuss the situation. However, Lee says Evanescence remains "alive and well" and will soon return to the road with new musicians.

"John and Rocky were in Evanescence for four years and we shared some great times together playing live, but they were ready to move on and so we have parted ways," she says in a statement. "Evanescence is something I have loved and nurtured since I was 14, and I will continue to protect and fight for it as I always have.

LeCompt doesn't paint the situation so rosily on his blog. "Without any warning or negotiations for my future, I was fired for no good reason," he says. "We have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but who does? Our common goal was always the same. To make Evanescence the best rock band it could ever be. I have always given blood, sweat and tears to make that happen but apparently that is not enough. I have now become just another of the people fallen by the wayside on the revolving door of her life."

LeCompt is referring to the messy 2003 departure of founding guitarist Ben Moody, who was replaced by former Cold principal Terry Balsamo, and the 2006 exit of bassist Will Boyd, who was replaced by former Revolution Smile guitarist Tim McCord.

Lee insists no shows will be canceled due to the lineup shift, but the group won't have long to draft replacements for LeCompt and Gray. It is due to return to the stage May 19 at the first Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, and has European dates on tap through late June.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003581449

I'm Gonna Miss Those Guys...
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyMon May 07, 2007 2:21 pm

i'm gonna miss them too Crying or Very sad BUT amy lee still there so the show must continue....
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female
Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyTue May 08, 2007 8:50 am

Oh how sad! Sad

But hey as the moderator said,"amy lee still there so the show must continue...."!
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
-andy-
Spurwing
Spurwing
-andy-

Male
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 9:50 am

Well They were good musicians but thete gone and evanesnce need a replacement
Back to top Go down
http://www.hi5.com.firelink
darkpharaoh
Kiskadee
Kiskadee
darkpharaoh

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 3:24 am

Evanescence sucks anyway. Who cares?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 4:59 am

evanesence got boring and stale ppl need sum led zepplin,alice in chains and guns n roses in they life!
Back to top Go down
darkpharaoh
Kiskadee
Kiskadee
darkpharaoh

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Guyanesesexygyal glad to see somebody got lil taste in rock music.

Add some heavier stuff like Carcass, Static X and Arch Enemy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray   Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray Empty

Back to top Go down

Evanescence Carrying On Minus LeCompt, Gray
Page 1 of 1