Guyanesezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guyanesezone

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please tell me more about Guyana

Go down 
+3
Areefa
Beverly89
Helot
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Helot
Egg
Egg

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Please tell me more about Guyana Empty
PostSubject: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 3:30 am

I am considering moving to Guyana. Can anyone tell me a little more about your country?

I would like to know:

1. what is a good part of the country to live in?
2. how much does a place to live cost?
3. how much does food cost?

And any other important information that one might need before moving to Guyana.
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female
Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 pm

1. what is a good part of the country to live in?

Answer: Yes, there are different places in Guyana. And I must say that everywhere, each part are good.
There are like the west side and east side. We have Demerara, Berbice and Essequibo.
What I am trying to say, I cannot say which part is the best. That's really up to you.

2.how much does a place to live cost?

Answer: We have different variety of prices.
The price is up to you. What you could afford.

how much does food cost?
Our food aren't that expensive. If you're looking for fast food well lets say $500 and up.
But if you're buying your own vegetables to cook. Its quite reasonable.

P.S Its nice that you're considering to move here. Its quite beautiful here. You're welcome anytime. We have great understanding people here. And anytime you need help the member in guyanesezone are always here to help you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
Areefa
Powis
Powis
Areefa

Female
Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 pm

Thats true, its really nice here
Say u like the City u can get a place in GT for a reasonable price acording to ur taste.If u like the country side u can go demerara east or west.its pretty cheap there 2.
Th cost of living here isn't that high. anything else u need 2 know we're here 2 help
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male
Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 12:44 am

are you retired or something and wanna go bak to guyana to live?
Back to top Go down
Helot
Egg
Egg

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 7:40 am

Let me clarify.

I want a small place in the city, a 1 bedroom apartment or very small house to rent. Though I would prefer something in a safe neighborhood.

As for food I will cook all my own meals and can live off of staple crops such as rice and whatever else is cheap (I don't know but is fish cheap there?)

I plan on staying 1-3 years before having to return here (at least for a while).

I am looking for a rather simple life, and am just looking to find a general figure. For example, is $400,000 enough to live on for a year, or would I need $1,500,000 a year? I really don't have a clue how much it costs to live in Guyana.

I'm not retired, though I am perhaps a little older than most people on this forum. I am 26 and I have never actually been to Guyana before. I plan to spend much of my time interacting with the people, and the rest of it reading and writing.

I thank you all for whatever help you can provide me.
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 6:31 pm

I have tried answering but I just cannot. Its basically up to u to decide. Its quite difficult.

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 pm

bai u also need to take extra cash fuh them bandits..
Back to top Go down
Areefa
Powis
Powis
Areefa

Female
Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 10:07 pm

it depends on ur lifestyle so much u will spend
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:24 pm

lolzz..Tariq.

I wondered if he got through? Didn't see he replied...tsk tsk tsk...

function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(strCallbackEvent, true, true);}if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;}}}}if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(event);}function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-coord-callback', 5, func);}function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-url-callback', 3, func);}function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:38 pm

lol maybe the dude changed his mind...too much bandits to cater for
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:41 pm

lolzz..maybe...hey..my side don't have that many bandits!! hehehe...
function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(strCallbackEvent, true, true);}if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;}}}}if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(event);}function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-coord-callback', 5, func);}function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-url-callback', 3, func);}function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Beverly lol..i came to guyana last summer and was robbed of over 400 US ,phone, laptop, watch and gum. me friend was robbed of over 650 US, his MP3 and sneakers haha . lol..im dead scared of that place.
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:50 pm

Lolz. wow...
My family and I was robbed before but where we're living now is kewl.

When u came to Guyana where did u located (live)?

Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:55 pm

Bev..we came to West Coast Dem. and West Berbice
got robbed in West Coast Dem
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Hey not the West Coast Demerara. I'm livng there...lolz.

And Berbice too, my two eldest brothers living there.

Guess I was wrong.

Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 5:06 pm

Bev lol i didnt mean to offend you in anyway
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Oh you didn't. I was just trying to big up my place lolz but the truth is..they're allow of crimes here. lolz.
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:12 pm

lol i dont mean to offend anyone. but the truth is im dead scared of guyana.
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:16 pm

I'm not scared of anything...well except dogs and darkness (even tho I'm into rock I'm scared of darkness)

You shouldn't been scared of Guyana...pretty kool here! Hehehe...even tho we have "terrorist".
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:20 pm

Beverly i am scared of guyana..and theyre so many guyanese livin in guyana thats scared of it too and thats not lie..but hey every part of the world is bad..but damn everytime someone i kno decides to take a vacation to guyana they alwaiz get robbed..and im just scared of guyana
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:23 pm

Lolz..kewl man...whenever you come to Guyana again..give me a shout!
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:40 pm

we're comin fuh christmas lol
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:42 pm

lolzz..really?
"Might" see you then. That's up to you.

Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:44 pm

well lol..thats if my mom makes me come lol

ammelia doesnt wanna come either lol so idk if our cousins from canada are gonna go too then me and ammelia will come if not hell no..no offense or anything
Back to top Go down
ballinyouth88
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
ballinyouth88

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 9:45 pm

buhh amm if i gon get to stay with u for the entire vacation i dont mind..i'll come :-)....Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me more about Guyana   Please tell me more about Guyana Empty

Back to top Go down

Please tell me more about Guyana
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next