Guyanesezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guyanesezone

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six perish in East Coast

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female
Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Six perish in East Coast Empty
PostSubject: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Sad Story

The amount of deaths in Guyana is too high.

Half of the Guyanese are dying out by accidents and half are migrating. Soon there'll be no Guyana.

-- pregnant victim suffers
spontaneous abortion

By Dale Andrews

The country's road fatality figure took a big jump with the deaths of six persons in a horrific accident on the Rupert Craig Highway in the vicinity of Bel Air, just before midday yesterday.

Anil Singh, 26, of Block CC Mon Repos; his pregnant wife, Famedia, 24; his sister, Reneka Singh, 25, of Ogle, and two other young relatives — 12-year-old Alasie Samaroo and Sherry Puran, 11, all perished when the car they were travelling in crashed into a fence before slamming into a guard hut, killing 57-year-old security guard Nandram Ramgopaul.

Anil Singh and his wife were sitting in the front seats of the car, while Reneka Singh, Alasie Samaroo and Puran were in the back.

The five passengers in the car were all killed instantly, while Ramgopaul succumbed at the Georgetown Hospital a few hours later.

Famedia Singh, a former teacher at the Apex Academy and who was eight months pregnant, suffered a spontaneous abortion. The foetus was visible at the scene of the accident.

At least one of the victims had her skull split.

The doomed car, a Toyota Mark Two, PGG 7348, which was loaned to Anil Singh, is a total wreck, with the engine and gearbox separating from the vehicle and landing several metres away.

Rescuers had to use several instruments to cut some of the bodies from the wreckage, after pulling it down from on top of the fence, where it landed after flying off the road.

So disfigured were some of the faces that relatives at first could not recognise the victims.

The accident was reportedly caused when one of the rear tyres blew out. Eyewitnesses said that after the blowout, the driver, Anil Singh, an auto electrician, tried to swerve the out-of-control vehicle to avoid hitting a minibus.

He, however, succeeded in sending the car smashing into a concrete fence before slamming into the guard hut of the Oceanic (Shivraj) apartments in Bel Air.

According to the eyewitnesses, the car was travelling at a terrific rate of speed.

This newspaper was told that Singh and the other passengers had just left their home at Mon Repos and were heading to Parika when the mishap occurred.

One of Singh's brothers said that his brother was going to Parika to collect money that was owed to him and decided to carry his wife, sister and the two children for the drive.

Famedia Singh and her sister-in-law Reneka were both the only girls for their respective parents.

“They just left me at Good Hope, saying that they going to Parika,” Savita Singh, the dead driver's sister-in-law said.

At the scene was Acting Police Commissioner Henry Greene, who was among several other senior officers, including Acting Traffic Chief Neil Semple and Divisional Commander Leroy Brumell.

Both the Acting Commissioner and the Traffic Chief attributed the cause of the accident to speeding.

Some Mon Repos residents also supported this theory, since they claimed that Singh was well known for driving at a fast rate of speed.

“I am not surprised, because he does really drive fast,” a Mon Repos resident told this newspaper.

The carnage caused a major blockage of the Main East Coast Demerara Highway , as curious motorists stopped to get a glimpse of the graphic scenes, which were reminiscent of another horrific smash-up in the mining town of Linden 12 days ago.

On that occasion, 10 people died.

And in a related incident, police arrested a man who attempted to steal the belongings of the victims even as several persons were trying to remove them from the wreckage.

The man was caught with a handbag and a cellular phone which were taken from the mangled vehicle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
Flame_Angel
Humming Bird
Humming Bird
Flame_Angel

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 3:42 pm

oh man that's horrible... and the article's so graphic. I'm reading this pretty late but my sympathy goes out to the families of the victims Sad
Back to top Go down
redcabal
Wallababa
Wallababa
redcabal

Male
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Yeah that's very tragic. It's like everyday someone dies in Guyana or multiple persons.

You wanna know what's really stupid? Police these days knocking down and killing a civilian with their vehicle. I was like wtf!?

I heard it on the news...the guy was crossing at the cross-section with his bicycle and the police (all the guyanese ppl should know them police does want play god on the road and they never wrong with their ways) comes speeding down the same road the guy was crossing...hitting him causing instant death.

Its a friggin shame what Guyana has gone to these days.
Back to top Go down
Flame_Angel
Humming Bird
Humming Bird
Flame_Angel

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Wow that's ridiculous. I really hope Guyana can have better control when it comes to the police and government officials. Someone I know went to Guyana about a month ago and she said the people that work in the airport practically robbed an old lady who was traveling by herself. It's sickening and sad. These are people that you're supposed to trust if you ever need help but instead you have to fear them. Sorry if I'm going off topic here.
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:49 pm

In addition, remember a school is home away from home, and u supposed to be able to trust teachers. Can't do that these days. Teachers molesting children.
As where the police concerns, they drive like if they own the road and u can driver pass a stoplight even tho its red, they can cross a pedestrian crossing even the the walkman is red. If a civilian cross the road like that he has to go thru court. (Sorry, I'm going off the topic too but its fact)
Back to top Go down
redcabal
Wallababa
Wallababa
redcabal

Male

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:55 pm

^_^ Hmmmm now i wonder whom do i know went through that? Hey beverly can you help me out here Razz.

Yeah its a mere fact that Guyana is just toppling these days and it just amazes me to find out what's left for us to see since we have seen all kinds of crazy sh*t already.

Who knows what we're in for next.
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Lolz Redd....I know a girl she was crossing the road..the walkman was green and half way while she was crossing it turned red *sad* and she was pulled in by the officer..she was only 17 and looked like 14..wait she still look like 14 anyways...yea..he was wrong not her. Anyways, she wasn't charge or anything. That girl was me...*sad* ooh and my name was in the newspaper..friends were calling me telling me that I turn famous lolz...luckily my picture wasnt in..only the other ppl that were wid me. I felt bad for them...they shouldnt put their pictures in the newspaper..they didnt commit a crimes...and it wasnt our fault...yet that officer does call me off whenever he sees me...(stupid dude)
Back to top Go down
CerebralAssassin
Spurwing
Spurwing
CerebralAssassin

Male
Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 pm

I agree redd, I saw one of them took a turn and almost clean off a man of his bicycle I was like my gosh, they just abuse the privileges that they have, it’s rather weird to know that they try to desist the public from speeding and when there speeding aimlessly in my point of view no 1 can’t tell them anything and people have to be jumping off the road, I knew that 1 day someone might have gotten killed by the law, it was just a matter of time, but the shame and sadden thing about it that it’s an innocent person.

It just dread up in here....what next?
Back to top Go down
redcabal
Wallababa
Wallababa
redcabal

Male

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Ooooooooooooooo fugitive!

Well when it comes to that i break the law too heh heh. I ain able wait you maaaaad. Have you any idea how long it takes just for the damn green man to come OH MY GOD! i mean i get baked in the damn sun but what i do is walk a little way further from the cross line and cross the road hee hee.

We're all convicts on our own ways ^_^
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Yes I do that when I have to walk to work...I never crossed back that pedestrian crossing, always go up a bit further and cross..
Back to top Go down
redcabal
Wallababa
Wallababa
redcabal

Male

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Well thats what you gotta do these days. I mean you obey the law you get locked up you break the law police don't give a damn.

Isn't that just dandy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six perish in East Coast   Six perish in East Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Six perish in East Coast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guyanesezone :: Site Information :: News and Current events-
Jump to: