Guyanesezone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guyanesezone

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which god would you choose?

Go down 
+7
Ivory Angel
Alladin
Beverly89
Babylove_Annie
angel_gurl
GUYANABABOO
Rovin Gordon
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male
Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Which god would you choose? Empty
PostSubject: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 6:25 pm

If your were given a choice to be any of the ancient mythology god who would you pick Question afro

Last edited by on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 11:34 am

if i was to be a god i would have chosen Zeus to because of his lightning power afro

Zeus, the youngest son of Cronus and Rhea, he was the supreme ruler of Mount Olympus and of the Pantheon of gods who resided there. Being the supreme ruler he upheld law, justice and morals, and this made him the spiritual leader of both gods and men. Zeus was a celestial god, and originally worshiped as a weather god by the Greek tribes. These people came southward from the Balkans circa 2100 BCE. He has always been associated as being a weather god, as his main attribute is the thunderbolt, he controlled thunder, lightning and rain. Theocritus wrote circa 265 BCE: "sometimes Zeus is clear, sometimes he rains". He is also known to have caused thunderstorms. In Homer's epic poem the Iliad he sent thunderstorms against his enemies. The name Zeus is related to the Greek word dios, meaning "bright". His other attributes as well as lightning were the scepter, the eagle and his aegis (this was the goat-skin of Amaltheia).
Back to top Go down
GUYANABABOO
Egg
Egg
GUYANABABOO

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 1:54 am

Thor, lord of thunder in norse myths, and son of Odin ruler of the gods.
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 1:27 am

Interesting choice. afro

Thor is the Norse god of thunder. He is a son of Odin and Jord, and one of the most powerful gods. He is married to Sif, a fertility goddess. His mistress is the giantess Jarnsaxa ("iron cutlass"), and their sons are Magni and Modi and his daughter is Thrud. Thor is helped by Thialfi, his servant and the messenger of the gods.

Thor was usually portrayed as a large, powerful man with a red beard and eyes of lightning. Despite his ferocious appearance, he was very popular as the protector of both gods and humans against the forces of evil. He even surpassed his father Odin in popularity because, contrary to Odin, he did not require human sacrifices. In his temple at Uppsala he was shown standing with Odin at his right side. This temple was replaced by a Christian church in 1080.

The Norse believed that during a thunderstorm, Thor rode through the heavens on his chariot pulled by the goats Tanngrisni ("gap-tooth") and Tanngnost ("tooth grinder"). Lightning flashed whenever he threw his hammer Mjollnir. Thor wears the belt Megingjard which doubles his already considerable strength. His hall is Bilskirnir, which is located in the region Thrudheim ("place of might"). His greatest enemy is Jormungand, the Midgard Serpent. At the day of Ragnarok, Thor will kill this serpent but will die from its poison. His sons will inherit his hammer after his death.

Donar is his Teutonic equivalent, while the Romans see in him their god Jupiter. Thursday is named after him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
angel_gurl
Macaw
Macaw
angel_gurl

Female
Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 pm

I think i would like to be Diana
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 am

In Roman mythology, Diana was the virgin goddess of the hunt, in literature the equivalent of the Greek goddess Artemis, though in cult she was Italic in origin. Born with her twin brother Apollo on the island of Delos, Diana was the daughter of Jupiter and Latona.

Diana was the perpetually virginal huntress goddess, associated with wild animals and woodlands. She also later became a moon goddess, supplanting Luna, and was an emblem of chastity. Oak groves were especially sacred to her. She was praised in poetry for her strength, athletic grace, beauty and hunting skill. In practice she made up a trinity with two other Roman deities: Egeria the water nymph, her servant and assistant midwife; and Virbius, the woodland god. In her etymology, "Diana" is simply :"the Goddess", with a Greek parallel in the name— though not the cult practice— of Dione at Dodona.

Why did you choose Diana might i ask afro
Back to top Go down
Babylove_Annie
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
Babylove_Annie

Female
Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 11:35 am

Venus!
Back to top Go down
http://yours-only-annie.hi5.com
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 11:59 pm

You wanna be a planet Shocked
Just kidding Very Happy

Venus was a major Roman goddess principally associated with love and beauty, the rough equivalent of the Greek goddess Aphrodite, although the Roman Venus was far more powerful and revered than the Greek Aphrodite. She was the consort of Vulcan. She was considered the ancestor of the Roman people by way of its legendary founder, Aeneas, and played a key role in many Roman religious festivals and myths.

I can se why you choose Venus afro
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female
Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 6:12 pm

Wow, interesting. I don't know much. I may add that I am learning from this topic.

Rovin, u're quite into this topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guyanesezone.com
angel_gurl
Macaw
Macaw
angel_gurl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 8:52 pm

Yep Rovin really into it. Thanks for the Info afro
Back to top Go down
Babylove_Annie
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
Babylove_Annie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 9:39 pm

Cool Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
yep yep!! lol
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 12:10 am

Thanks you guys, i am happy to know that u are enjoying as well as learning from this forum afro
Back to top Go down
angel_gurl
Macaw
Macaw
angel_gurl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 12:55 am

lol after thinkin i wa wonderin if we cud swtich gods?
Back to top Go down
Babylove_Annie
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
Babylove_Annie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 12:19 pm

lol to wah angel_gurl??
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 2:25 pm

yea you could switch gods if you like there are so many, plus it helps us to learn because i didn't know know about the goddess Diana until you said they wanted to be Diana. afro
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 3:04 pm

you're welcome Rovin...

Interesting...now U could switch Gods....wow!
Back to top Go down
Babylove_Annie
Rain Bird
Rain Bird
Babylove_Annie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 5:48 pm

which u wanna switch 2 bev??
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 7:24 pm

Hun, I know nothing about this topic, sorry. So no comment!
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Odin   Which god would you choose? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 12:38 pm

The chief divinity of the Norse pantheon, the foremost of the Aesir. Odin is a son of Bor and Bestla. He is called Alfadir, Allfather, for he is indeed father of the gods. With Frigg he is the father of Balder, Hod, and Hermod. He fathered Thor on the goddess Jord; and the giantess Grid became the mother of Vidar.

Odin is a god of war and death, but also the god of poetry and wisdom. He hung for nine days, pierced by his own spear, on the world tree. Here he learned nine powerful songs, and eighteen runes. Odin can make the dead speak to question the wisest amongst them. His hall in Asgard is Valaskjalf ("shelf of the slain") where his throne Hlidskjalf is located. From this throne he observes all that happens in the nine worlds. The tidings are brought to him by his two raven Huginn and Muninn. He also resides in Valhalla, where the slain warriors are taken.

Odin's attributes are the spear Gungnir, which never misses its target, the ring Draupnir, from which every ninth night eight new rings appear, and his eight-footed steed Sleipnir. He is accompanied by the wolves Freki and Geri, to whom he gives his food for he himself consumes nothing but wine. Odin has only one eye, which blazes like the sun. His other eye he traded for a drink from the Well of Wisdom, and gained immense knowledge. On the day of the final battle, Odin will be killed by the wolf Fenrir. afro
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Rovin Gordon, did u get this from a web site, cuz I'll be pleased if I could get it?
Back to top Go down
angel_gurl
Macaw
Macaw
angel_gurl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 6:30 pm

i wann be Anubis!! and yes i kno its a male lol still wanna b the God, hehe i like his job farao orrr ayo cud forget the good and make me faro lol farao first female one lol
Back to top Go down
Beverly89
Beverly89

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Lolzzzz.....nice!
Back to top Go down
angel_gurl
Macaw
Macaw
angel_gurl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 7:57 pm

hehehehe
Thankzzzz lol afro
Back to top Go down
Rovin Gordon
Fire Bird
Fire Bird
Rovin Gordon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 2:41 am

Anubis
Other Names: Anpu, Inpu, Ienpw, Imeut (Lord-of-the-Place-of-Embalming).
Patron of: mummification, and the dead on their path through the underworld.
Appearance: A man with the head of a jackal-like animal. Unlike a real jackal, Anubis' head is black, representing his position as a god of the dead. He is rarely shown fully-human, but he is depicted so in the Temple of Abydos of Rameses II. There is a beautiful statue of him as a full jackal in the tomb of Tutankhamun.
Description: Anubis is an incredibly ancient god, and was the original god of the dead before Osiris "took over" the position. After that point, Anubis was changed to be one of the many sons of Osiris and the psychopomp (conductor of souls) of the underworld. His totem of the jackal is probably due to the fact that jackals would hunt at the edges of the desert, near the necropolis and cemeteries throughout Egypt.
Prayers to Anubis are found carved on the most ancient tombs in Egypt, and his duties apparently are many. He watches over the mummification process to ensure that all is done properly. He conducts the souls through the underworld, testing their knowledge of the gods and their faith. He places their heart on the Scales of Justice during the Judging of the Heart, and he feeds the souls of wicked people to Ammit.
In some stories, Anubis is the son of Ra and Nephthys, or Set and Nephthys (probably due to Set and Anubis having the same totem animal). Some have Heset as his mother, and still others say Bast. This apparent confusion is still another sign of Anubis' origins in the most ancient of times. He also has a daughter, Kabechet, who helps him in the mummification.
Worship: Worshipped widely throughout all of Egypt, his cult center was Cynopolis.afro

affraid You sure u wanna be this god, anyhow it the first time i heard of him

Beverly89

Which god would you choose? Icon_minipostedWed Apr 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Rovin Gordon, did u get this from a web site, cuz I'll be pleased if I could get it?
Go to google.com and type Mythology and a variety of sites will be displayed.afro
Back to top Go down
Alladin
Screecher Parrot
Screecher Parrot
Alladin

Male
Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 2:45 am

i would stick wit Islam
born a muslim n i will die as 1!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yuhmodaskunt
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which god would you choose?   Which god would you choose? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which god would you choose?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guyanesezone :: General :: Religion-
Jump to: